Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My experiments with twitter.com

I know about things when I read them, see them or am told about it. But how can I make my own understanding absolute about them and find out the truth behind them – the only way I know of (all my education taught me this) is to test it out for self. Experiment it. Use it, live it, be part of, adopt it, propagate it …
For the past month or so I have been experimenting with twitter.com. I had read about, seen it, been a dormant player on it for a while. So I decided to move to fast track. Learnt more about, more than anything else observed what the “conversation” is that is happening. My observations led me to categorize (Top 5 & others) the conversations as (oh let remind – twitter prompts: “what are you doing?”)
1. Posting items that is believed to be of interest to others based on self interest 35%
2. Posting response (my understand that the post is only to be “active”) 25%
3. Propagating self – blog, service etc 15%
4. Actually conversing (Question & response) 8%
5. Really what the person is doing 7 %
6. Others 10%

The obvious questions then is what category do I belong too? I belong to the categories 1, 4 & 5 – not in that particular order. The experiment is still on as my conversations are becoming more aligned to the real purpose of twitter. Long live twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment