Are these companies
• doing something different to enable consumers benefit from their offerings
• able to reduce the cost of products / services they charge by passing on their internal innovation gains
• creating offerings which are new and satisfying a latent demand
• creating internal operational processes that enable a consumer take advantage of all the services they can provide
• offering breakthrough products / services offerings
The final list of Top 3 companies that meet these criteria are ::
Maruti Suzuki :
Over the last 25 years consistently created products which meet the Indian consumer needs which are competitive and value for money.
HDFC Bank :
Created ease of use and reach thru network of branches, ATM, and online channels; working with corporates to entice usage by employees of the services and multi-channel marketing along with cross selling of products. Addressed internet security concerns by innovative use of technology.
LG Electronics :
Value for money products launched in Indian market - which are technologically better than the existing ones and superior to the ones available anywhere in the world. All of this with customization to suit Indian consumer environment.
Disclaimer: I have used or currently use products from all these companies.